Here at Custom Condoms we are all about being creative and we provide a unique way for you to promote your business. If you do have a business, one of the most important things you can do is promote it… Promotion is key to bringing in new customers and getting people interested in what you’re offering. However, promotion can also be expensive and difficult to set up on your own. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to promote your business that don’t involve spending lots of money or hiring someone else. You just have to get a bit creative…
Guerrilla marketing is a term used to define unconventional techniques used to promote a product. It can be difficult to define exactly what guerrilla marketing is, as it encompasses so many different types of activities. In general, guerrilla marketing involves using tactics that go beyond traditional advertising methods and include more unusual or out-of-the-box approaches.
Examples of Guerrilla Marketing
- Setting up a “street team” that gets your brand in front of potential customers through distributing flyers, stickers, hats and other promotional items near places where people hang out (e.g., coffee shops or bars)
- Organizing flash mobs with people wearing shirts from your business or carrying signs with your logo on them at popular locations like busy intersections or shopping malls
- BrewDog are one of the best when it comes to guerrilla marketing, so have a look at some of their past campaigns for inspiration
Attend local business events
Attending local business events is a great way to promote your business while also making connections with other businesses in the area. Some of these events may be related to an industry or niche you’re interested in, while others can be educational. Either way, it’s important to make sure you have a good reason for attending. If it doesn’t benefit you or your customers directly, then don’t go!
In addition to making connections at these types of events, keep in mind that when people see that you’re willing and able to attend local business meetings, they will likely take notice of what kind of person this makes them—and whether or not they want their company associated with yours!
We had to sneak this one in here. It’s got to be said though, promotional condoms are a very creative way to promote any company. They work particularly well if your target market is students, or safe sex is a message that aligns closely with your brand.
What’s the best way of distributing promotional condoms?
- Give them away at an exhibition or conference – they make the perfect freebie for any event
- Include them with your Welcome Pack, or along with other marketing such as leaflets
- Include them with send outs of your product
- Hand them out at a bar
Sponsor a team
Sponsoring a team often isn’t the first thing people think of when coming up with ways to get their brand out there. But it’s a classic! Okay, you might not be in with a chance at sponsoring Man City (Etihad Airways seem to have an in there…), but what about a local football team?
Even better, find a team or charity that fits really well with your brand, or the demographic you are targeting. The people who are involved in teams and charities will be engaged with the community and likely interested in supporting your business. This can help build brand loyalty and make people more likely to support you when they see your logo on their favourite shirt or jacket.
Writing a press release
A press release is a way to get publicity for your business. It’s written by you, the company’s spokesperson, and sent to different media outlets (newspapers and websites).
Press releases should be short, clear and interesting. They should also be personalized so that they are not generic or boring.
When writing a press release:
- Keep it brief – no more than 1 page (500 words)
- Make it interesting – use strong verbs and avoid clichés such as “best in class” or “world leader”
- Think about what you want to say – this may take a few drafts before you’re happy with it
Host a charity event
Hosting a charity event is another way to promote your business and support the community. You can use your event to help raise money for a specific cause, such as cancer research, or you can choose a general cause like animal welfare or environmental conservation.
To host an effective charity event, do some research beforehand so that you have an idea of what needs to be done and what resources are available for the purpose of organizing. There are many organizations that already run successful fundraising events throughout the year—you may want to contact them and see if they can provide any advice or information about how they operate their events.
Another thing to consider is how much money you want to raise through your charity event before deciding which organization will receive the proceeds (if there are multiple charities involved). You’ll also need to decide if tickets should be sold at all, because some charities prefer all donations come from individuals rather than selling tickets for entry into certain venues or activities at fundraising events like these ones.
These creative ideas will allow you to stand out from the crowd.
As a business owner, you know that being creative is important. You also know that there are many ways to make your business stand out from the crowd. Here are some great creative ideas for promoting your business:
- Use pop-up shops or pop-up stores. A pop-up shop is a place where you can sell your products for a limited time only, such as for one day or several days. Pop-up stores can be permanent locations or temporary ones; they’re great ways to get noticed by customers who wouldn’t normally go into physical stores because they don’t have any nearby (e.g., if you live in an urban area).
- Get involved with local festivals and events that might be related to your industry (e.g., food trucks at farmer’s markets). This will allow people who might not otherwise come across your brand to see how unique and interesting it is!
We hope you’ve found some inspiration for your next marketing campaign! If you are considering using promotional condoms, get in touch with a member of our team who will be happy to help.